Thursday, October 21, 2010

Adding the Skin to the head

Now that the skin map has been completed on photoshop, it was time to take that material and move it into 3DS max.

Adding the new material into a material I applied this to my head and for the first couple of attempts this didn't go to well and had to backtrack a few steps by tweaking the UVW map and some of the skin positions, I was finally happy with my basic skin texture and could continue on with the rest of the material editing.

Here you can see the skin is all one colour tone and dosnt look like skin at all, my head looks ill, to get around this I added a bump map of the skin texture to create a better looking skin with different tones and colours.














Here is my skin wth the new additions, I was very happy with the result, all that was left to do now was make it less smooth and add some more detail to the skin itself.

As you can see there is now allot more colour and tone differentiation .

No comments:

Post a Comment